Faculty of Philology
The Faculty of Philology was founded in 1954 and thanks to highly-qualified staff of professors, doctors and lecturers has become one of the best philological faculties in Poland.
The Faculty of Philology combines tradition with modern and creative ways of teaching in a friendly academic environment. It offers study programmes in English, German, French, Polish and Slavonic languages with specialities in linguistics, literature, applied linguistics, translation and culture. Recently we have added Chinese and Dutch to our already rich language offer.
The Faculty has powers to confer doctoral and post-doctoral degrees in literary studies and linguistics and doctoral degrees in cultural studies.
The Faculty of Philology comprises the following units: Institute of English, Institute of German Philology, Institute of Slavonic Studies, Institute of Polish and Cultural Studies and Chair of French Language and Culture