Chair of French Language and Culture
We offer study programmes focused on the French language and literature from the perspective of culture and anthropology. Students acquire knowledge of the French language, literature, history and culture.
Thanks to many hours of practical French classes our students become very competent users of the French language. The classes are conducted by a highly qualified international team of academic teachers.
French Philology can also be studied by candidates who have no previous knowledge of French. Our highly qualified teachers and latest teaching methods allow students to learn the language from the very beginning and even undertake MA studies in French.
The Chair of French Language and Culture conducts research within the framework of the Erasmus Programme with universities in Strasburg, Dijon, Montpellier, Santiago de Compostela and Banska Bystrica.
Why should you choose to study with us?
- Modern system of education (in keeping with
foreign language teaching standards in the EU)
- High quality of education – thanks to highly
qualified academic staff
- International exchange – students study abroad
as part of the study programmes
- Study curricula adjusted to the needs of the
- Lots of opportunities to find work after
- Good knowledge of both general and specialist
- Translation skills
- Humanistic knowledge- French literature and
- Translator – translation bureaus, publishing
houses, magazines, tourist agencies
- State and local government administration –
departments for international cooperation or public relations
- Cultural institutions and research institutes
- International companies
French Philology (in French), MA full-time programme
mgr Krystyna Pokusa