Inauguration of Academic Year
The inauguration ceremony of the new academic year will take place on October 11, 2017, at 12.00 in the Lecture Theatre of the Faculty of Theology (Drzymały 1a).
One of the main parts of the inauguaraition will be the bestowal of the honorary doctorate to Professor Franciszek Kokot, the doyen of the Polish medicine. The laudation will be delivered by an outstanding Polish surgeon, Prof. Marian Zembala. The Minister of Science and Higher Education, Jarosław Gowin will also take part in the inauguration, which this year is very special because the University of Opole opens the Medical School and its ninth faculty - Faculty of Art.
His Magnificence Rector and the Senate of the University of Opole invite all students and university staff members to take part in the ceremony.
Programme of the Inauguration of the Academic Year 2017/2018
- October 10, 2017, 06.00 pm - Academic Church, Drzymały 1a, Opole, Holy Mass celebrated by Rev. Andrzej Czaja, Bishop of the Diocese of Opole.
- October 11, 2017, 12.00 am - Lecture Theatre of the Faculty of Theology, Drzymały 1a
- National anthem;
- Speech of Professor Marek Masnyk, Rector of the
University of Opole;
- Speech of Jarosław Gowin, Deputy Prime Minister
and Minister of Science and Higher
- Gaude Mater Polonia
- The bestowal of the title of doctor honoris causa of
the Opole University to Professor Franciszek Kokot;
- Laudation by Professor Marian Zembala
- Speech of Professor Franciszek Kokot, honorary doctor
of the University of Opole
- Speeches of the invited guests
- Inaugural lecture delivered by Prof. Jan Miodek – Jak polskie nazwy wracały na śląskie mapy
i drogowskazy po roku 1945 [How Polish names were restored on Silesian
maps and signposts after 1945].
- Gaudeamus Igitur
Interview with Professor Franciszek Kokot (in Polish):